In the fall of 2020, Black 永利体育官方App alumnae came together to form the Black Alumnae Council (BAC) Steering Committee, which serves to connect alumnae and students with shared experiences and continue building a welcoming and supportive 永利体育官方App campus community. The mission of BAC is to:
- Attract: Facilitate programs and partnerships that attract Black students, faculty, and staff to the school
- Retain: Support Black students—from admission to commencement
- Engage: Connect current students and alumnae with mentoring and professional development
- Donate: “Friend-raising” and fundraising for 永利体育官方App needs
- Serve: Act as 永利体育官方App ambassadors in the community and to fellow 永利体育官方App alumnae
The Council is excited to launch the Black Alumnae Council Endowed Scholarship to provide tuition assistance to a current or incoming Black 永利体育官方App student(s). This scholarship will be added to the current portfolio of more than 80 endowed scholarships that help 永利体育官方App annually fund $3.5M in financial aid awards. Other funding sources for financial aid include the annual Impact Fund campaign and the operating budget.
The initial goal to raise $50,000 over the next three years for the scholarship fund was realized in less than four months. Because this will be an endowed scholarship, the fund will generate income in perpetuity to be used for financial aid for Black 永利体育官方App girls. The fund will continue to grow in value over time and should provide support to Black 永利体育官方App students for decades to come.